Tea tree oil is one of the best cold sore home remedies!
Cold Sores are a big problem and finding cold sore home remedies too.
Not because they are necessarily serious (but can be), just because so many of us have them!
Statistically speaking there’s an 80 to 90% chance of you getting the virus that causes cold sores in your lifetime.
There is no cure for the HSV-1 virus, but there are treatments for cold sores which will speed up the healing process.
Of all the cold sore home remedies available I would say the best at treating a cold sore is pure tea tree oil...
applied directly on the lesion as many times a day as possible. I’ve even been told by many that they can prevent the outbreaks by applying the oil as soon as they feel one coming on!
Ideally though preventing infection in the first place would be better.
Here are a few tips that could help you avoid ever getting the HSV-1:
- Don’t share razors
- Don’t share utensils, drinking glasses etc…
- If a cold sore is present…don’t kiss the person
- Don’t let people with cold sores kiss your babies or children
- If you have eczema avoid any contact with a cold sore
- Wash your hands frequently (Like anyone has to remind us of this again!)
If you have HSV-1 or are a current cold sore sufferer, some of these tips might help you avoid an outbreak while treating a cold sore:
- Use a good lip balm with SPF and if possible tea tree oil
- Avoid too much sun and tanning booths
- Try and get sufficient rest
- Learn some good techniques to handle stress
If you do get an outbreak or feel one come on treat it with tea tree oil in the following manner:
If you have any questions about cold sore remedies, please don't hesitate to contact me.
If you're done reading about cold sore home remedies, head back to the skin conditions page for more solutions
For more great tea tree oil uses, click here
- Put tea tree oil on a cotton swab
- Apply the TTO swab directly to the outbreak or where you feel one coming on
- Discard swab (never use the same swab to rub TTO elsewhere)
- Repeat 3 to 4 times daily until it cures
- If you are preventing an outbreak, a couple of days should suffice.